B.A.LL.B. (HONS.) DEGREE PROGRAMME
A candidate for admission to the B.A.LL.B. (Honours) must have –
- Passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or an equivalent examination securing in aggregate not less than 45% (General Category) or 40% (SC/ST Category) of the total marks..
- Completed 20 years of age as on 1st day of July. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category a relaxation of 2 years in age shall be admissible.
Number of Seats and Reservation
The intake of seats available for B.A.LL.B. (Honours) degree programme shall ordinarily be 80 (Eighty). Out of these total available seats, 15% and 10% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to SC and ST categories respectively, subject to their fulfilling BCI eligibility criteria.
Prospectus and Application Forms
Prospectus and Application Forms can be obtained by hand on payment of Rs. 200 (Rupees Two Hundred only) in cash
BCCL Admission Cell,
Bimal Chandra College of Law
West Bengal 742137
Submission of Application Form
Duly filled in Application Form along with enclosures may be submitted in person by hand or by post to:-
Bimal Chandra College of Law,
West Bengal 742137.
Attested Photostat copies of the following documents should be enclosed with the Application Form:-
- Mark sheet of the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination. Candidates who have appeared at the above examination and who are awaiting their results by June/July can submit their Application Form.
- Proof of Age – Birth Certificate or Admit Card/School Certificate mentioning the date of Birth.
- SC/ST Certificate – In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- Recent Passport size colour photographs – One pasted on the Application Form and two extra copies along with the Application Form.
Norms for Admission & related information:-
- Collection and submission of duly filled in admission form is to be made in due time.
- Admission is direct for all the general category students securing 45% marks & for the student belonging the scheduled cast & scheduled tribe category securing 40% marks in the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination in aggregate.
- Admission starts after the publication of result by the West Bengal Board of Higher Secondary Education or Equivalent Examination, usually in the month of June, the admission forms along with prospectus & fees book of the college can be obtained from the office of the college against a cash payment of Rs. 200/- only.
- The last date for issue and submission of admission forms shall be notified separately on the college notice board.
- The full fees & dues once paid by the students shall not be refundable under any circumstances.
- Merit list of selected candidates admitted to 1st year will be notified in college notice board.
- Migrating students from other boards are provisionally admitted subject to production of required documents as notified in notice board of the college.
- Admission to 1st semester of the 5 year B.A.LL.B. (Hons) course commences after publication of result of the Higher Secondary Examination, West Bengal and closes on such date as specification by the Kalyani University each year.
- Year to year class admission is compulsory of stipulated dates.
- The annual course fees may be revised after admission during 5 year course tenure.
- In case of loss or damage of Fees Card/Identity Card/Library Card duplicate card may be issued on payment of a fine of Rs. 50/-, subject to verification.
- Authority of the college may impose fine or adopt other measures to maintain strict academic discipline of the college
- Attendance in class lectures and in field visit or in moot court or education tour or co-curricular programme is compulsory
- Minimum 75% attendance in class lecturers is required to enable students to appear at University Examination as collegiate candidate.
- The students are required to maintain proper uniform code while in the premises of the college.
- The principal will adopt stringent measures in case of detection of in discipline, immoral unethical and improper behavior or activities on the part of any student.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various legal workshops and seminars conducted by the college.
- Students are entitled to avail Rail (E. Rly and S.E.Rly), Bus concession, for daily journey to attend classes.
- For obtaining College Certificates, Rly. Concession, College Leaving Certificates, etc. Identity Card and Fees Card (with up to date payment) are required to be produced.
Classes are held according to class routine: from 11.00 A.M. to 5 P.M.
Library Hours: 11.00 A.M. to 5 P.M.
Tiffin Hours: 1.45 P.M. to 2.15 P.M.
Payment Hours: 11.00 A.M. to 3 P.M.
The fees for the B.A.LL.B (Honours) degree programme for each academic year shall be Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) i.e. Rs. 12,500/-(Rupees Twelve Thousand Five Hundred Only) per semester exclusive of examination and other fee payable to the University. .
However an additional 10% of the total course fees for 5 years shall be payable to the university by the student at the time of admission in one installment as the university registration fee with effect from academic session 2014- 15. .
The fee shall be due at the beginning of each academic session. However, the students with the permission of the principal/Teacher-in-Charge, BCCL on furnishing reasonable ground may pay the fees in installments. The 1st Installment is payable at the beginning of each semester. If the fee is not paid within a due time the fine will be imposed on the student as Rs. 1000/- depends on the case. .